Master Level: Interpretation & Musicality
- Discovering individual alignments for each student for comfortable and efficient use of the instrument.
- Communicating individual and personal ideas in music playing.
- Learning to get a mature tone on your instrument.
- Deepen an understanding of the historic and artistic context to form a solid interpretation of the music performed.
- Apply music in real life and life experiences to enhance the music language.
Established Artist Teacher: Inspiration & Knowledge
- Inspiring lessons that promote not only learning an instrument, but grow a passion for music.
- Music Language – Having an understanding of how music is formed and written is vital to becoming a well rounded musician.
- Understand to listen to others playing.
- Learning and acknowledging universal music and repertoire for the instrument.
- Playing by ear – Developing a good ear for music is vital.
Music Teachers: Technique & Self-Discipline
- Correct hand position and technique,allowing the student to develop speed and flow between notes.
- Thorough understanding of how to read music-notes on the staff, rhythm and timing, dynamics of music, articulation of notes.
- Sight-reading– The ability to pick up a piece of music you have never seen before and play it competently.
- Scales, chords and arpeggios– Playing scales is helpful on many levels. It develops good fingering technique and helps you understand chords/arpeggios and their relationship within a particular key.
- Exams– The opportunity to sit level exams allows students to gauge their progress and to set personal goals for their playing.